Careers at Cellana
See what opportunities await you at a leading-edge, environmentally-focused company.
With a research and development facility in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii and an administrative office in San Diego, California, Cellana is building a dynamic company that is working together to build a green future based on algae-based biofuels and other important bioproducts. We offer a positive working environment in some of the best climates on earth with competitive salaries and benefits.
The Cultivation Biologist of microalgae will assist in cultivation experiments pertaining to practical work and sample analysis for the growth and optimization of microalgae cultures. The position will support all levels of cultivation, both indoors and outdoors, and laboratory work.
- Provide general, practical support in conducting cultivation-related experimental measurements in both the indoor laboratory and outdoor pilot facility
- Understand and execute experimental design, requirements, and schedule, and convey to production team; ensure individuals assisting with experiment execution perform duties accurately and per protocol
- Collect and prepare both abiological and biological samples for laboratory analysis in a timely and efficient manner, according to schedule
- Prepare growth media and process microalgal biomass for production and/or experimentation
- Maintain reserve cultures
- Plan and perform routine calibration, testing and maintenance of remotely operated and laboratory equipment, including systems used to monitor ponds and meteorological conditions.
- Assist with inventory (supplies, equipment, biomass…)
- Assist with data entry, control and presentation
- Conduct sample analysis on specific instruments, according to standard operating procedures (SOP) and quality assurance (QA) protocols, including all necessary calibrations of equipment
- Produce reagents and media for routine lab use and experimentation
- Keep project-associated equipment and laboratory space clean and properly maintained
- Assist in implementation of HSSE-compliant laboratory practices
BS degree in microbiology, aquaculture, oceanography or other relevant biological and/or chemistry discipline. Preference will be given to candidates with two or more years experience growing algae.
Relocation assistance will not be provided. Must be eligible to work in the United States. Cellana offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and paid time off and holidays. Qualified candidates please send your letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of 3 professional references to: HR@cellana.com
Cellana is an equal opportunity employer.
For open positions, qualified candidates please send your letter of interest, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references to: Human Resources.